ITFuturesOnline.com

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by LMcKenna, Nov 8, 2007.

1. LMcKenna

LMcKenna New Member

Hello everyone, has anybody heard of http://www.itfuturesonline.com - they used to be called Computer Future Solutions Ltd.

Leigh

Certifications: HND & BSc Computing for Internet & Multi
    WIP: Undecided
  2. ghostghost

ghostghost New Member

Hi ya m8

I have also posted a topis asking people about IT Futures....without ne replies though....

Have ya managed to find any more info about them ???????

Cheers

3. LMcKenna

LMcKenna New Member

After nearly giving them my money and hesitating for a couple of weeks, I sent them an email asking for details on the recruitment side of the company - I got no response. This was after one of the guys had been calling me every other day to see if I had made a decision.

Certifications: HND & BSc Computing for Internet & Multi
    WIP: Undecided
  4. Snowwhite

Snowwhite Bit Poster

I have noticed them while looking for the job. Another honey trap, that's all. First they advertise the lucrative job for the experienced MCSE or MCDBA, than below do the same for the unexperienced who wants to be experienced after some training provided by the company. I have found other companies with different names doing exactly the same. It may be still one company.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: confused
  5. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Like most IT training providers, I recommend that you take what they say with a pinch of salt.

They CAN'T guarantee you a job... and you WON'T earn £30,000 + on completion of your training. Also, an MCSE or MCDBA will be little use to you when applying for an "entry-level" position. Your CV will more than likely end up in employers recycle bins as you'll be considered over qualified for the position advertised.

I strongly recommend self-studying for the A+, N+ and MCDST certs. Once you've completed these you'll have a much better "feel" of which area of IT you'd like to specialize in and will save yourself £££s!

Remember, even if you were to sign up with a training provider you'd be "self-studying" anyway. All that these companies do is send you the course material (books etc that are inadequate in several of my friends experience) and assign you a tutor that's inaccessable.

You can buy the course materials for the aforementioned certs from Amazon. The books that you need normally cost about £30; the exams 100.

Of course, whether or not you sign on the dotted line with this company is your decision... I just hope I've highlighted some of the risks of doing so.

Whichever decision you make I wish you the very best of luck! :)

- Alex

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  6. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

They don't give out a whole lot of information about themselves, the products, and their prices. That's problem #1.

The price that they do show for an MCSA is a lot of money. They don't say what a person would get in return. They say in other places that person might to do this and might get to do that. That's problem #2.

It looks to me that for every promise they make, they gives themselves an out for not keeping it. I'd run from these guys.

Alex gave some good advice. With all these "training" companies you're basically doing self study, so why would anyone want to pay that kind of money for the privilege? To me it just doesn't make sense. Add to that the reputation of most IT training companies, the amount of what seems to me to be nothing but fraud in that industry, and self-study is the only way to go. I did it. I recommend it.

I tried a "training provider" for a short time during my studying for certs that was supposed to be really good. The instructors pushed brain dumps, had no real world experience, and their "labs" consisted of 2 computers, woefully underpowered computers, for each person. They gave people 4 weeks per MCP, and if they hadn't finished in that amount of time, well, they would kick the "offender" out of their "program" and not refund their money.

They didn't believe system administrators needed any kind of knowledge of scripting languages, and highly discouraged you from talking about it. The reason they did that was because they didn't know how, and didn't want to learn. IOW's they knew nothing about real world IT skills. They thought point-and-click was the ultimate skill.

I say what my experience was like because the trainer was thought to be reputable. You only find out what they're like once you get inside, and then it's too late. The money is in their hands, and they're not about to give it back.

It's just been my experience, and the experience of a lot of other people that online forums like this can give much better help than most of the trainers in the companies trying to take your money. There are quite a few knowledgeable people here willing to share what they know just to help the newbie out. Take advantage of that fact. Start studying on your own and when you run into things you don't understand, come here and ask. You'll find lots of answers from people doing the work in the real world.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  7. greymax

greymax New Member

LMckenna ;182633
    hi
    i am doing a course with itfuturesonline when i first started the course they were called computer future solutions. like others that have been interested they pestered you for your money. i did no what to do so it was shite or bust.i went for it and am sorry i started . the course isnt to bad but it does not help you if you go for your exams. i went on to a website for mock exams and i could not answer one question. the course only tells you how the database works. it does not teach you anything related to the questions. they said to me when i told them this get a book and learn. i thought this course would show you every thing. you have to pass 228 229 exams before you can go on any further i can not. so i am stuck in limbo .hope this helps . i could go on and on but i will only bore you .kind regards acook

8. Paul Petrou

Paul Petrou New Member

Actually if I saw this post I dont think I would have signed up with them, but I am not unhappy with their service. They actually have classes that you have to do and it is quite intense, 2 hours a day, but the guy did tell me that before i signed. the classes are, as far as i can tell good. like the way the guy goes through it all. but i could see it being a problem if you have no previous experience in IT it would be quite hard.

I let you know on the progress when I have to exams and see what support I get.