IT positions for 2010!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Alex399, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

I'm on the prowl for an entry level role and while browsing around I came across this

http://msn.careerbuilder.co.uk/Jobs/Banking-Finance/Aberdeen/IT-Support-Analyst/J3F4M17485QGS8NTJCG

A good one for anyone in Aberdeen not sure about it being entry level though but for any experienced people out of work :D
    I unfortunatley don't live in aberdeen... hold on I mean "fortunatley I don't live there" :biggrin :p :D
    and I don't have any experience in this kind of role anyway and looks like you need experience for this position.

Here is the company itself on Msn, the rest of the vacancies seem to be alot different from your standard support role but here's the link http://msn.careerbuilder.co.uk/jobs/company/Logica

Another IT company though the vacancies appear to be more on the development and sales side of IT I think heres the link anyway! http://msn.careerbuilder.co.uk/jobs/company/Avanade
    someone could find it usefull...

Here is one for Siemens plc aswell I just found In Romsey, Hampshire,
    http://msn.careerbuilder.co.uk/Jobs...-Plc,-Roke-Manor-Research/J3I83N6D62JFB9ZWJBF
    its a IT Technician role and once again experience looks like its to be needed for this role judging by the Job Description

Heres a Service Desk Analyst position aswell for siemens!
    http://msn.careerbuilder.co.uk/Jobs...IT-Solutions-and-Services/J3I24Y6NLJVCDLD36D2

Heres the home page list of vacancys at siemens!
    http://msn.careerbuilder.co.uk/jobs/company/Siemens

I guess I just have to sit tight and wait for the "entry level roles" to come along even though Bournemouth I'm finding this proving to be non-existent in terms of entry level IT positions :-(
    Ive come to think these big national companys can afford to be training up people with no experience?? Is that statement true? or yes and no?

Hope these vacancy's are of use to someone! Enjoy! :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  2. fedrorpet

fedrorpet New Member

Hey Alex.
    I read your post it is too important for me well if you have any job in the Asia(India) send me all details.

3. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

Thank you Alex for your effort.
    Big companies? Try apprenticeship.
    We have to look for big companies who want to keep their employees for long while as those are the ones who will invest in training.

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Then you're not looking hard enough. If a company has computers, they can likely use an entry-level IT tech, even if only on an hourly basis.

Why would they do that when there are plenty of people with experience looking for jobs?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Can I suggest literally getting the phone book, going to the IT/Electronics/banking and any other category that may involve PCs. And just call them up one by one asking about employment opportunities.

That's what I did when I was in Gibraltar. Within a few days I had an interview and then a job. Now I'm working my notice. Just give every company in the phonebook a call, most will ask for your CV but you never know. Much more proactive than scouring job sites.

Wtfzorszz

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

How come you're working your notice nad how come you're saying "when I was in Gibraltar."? If you don't mind me asking. I thought it was not so long ago and you'd be there by now. Change of plans?

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  7. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

That sounds like a very plausable idea!! I will get straight to that! Thank you for your advice!

Repped Westernkings! :D

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  8. westernkings

got an apartment, went over, Got a job interview on the wednesday. Found out the same afternoon. Flew back later in the week with an empty suitcase, decided not to just "**** off" from work because burning bridges is never a good idea, so Just handed in my notice properly. So working my 4 weeks as it stands. Pretty bog standard stuff, only thing that changed was I didn't just email work saying " seeya" :)

np.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  9. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Oh right.

I thought you're working your notice there in gibraltar, becuase something didn't work out for some reason.

It seems everything is fine. Thanks for clarifying

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  10. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Is the company doing anything for your relocation mate? When I moved over they paid my flight, put me up in a hotel for 2 months and gave me 500 notes. That was for a company that isn't as established as the place you are going to.

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  11. westernkings

Well, I already have the place there from my own back, so I have already relocated really haven't I. I've just come back to get more stuff (and whilst i'm here work my notice). There was an allowance though in the contract, need to have a proper read of it.