IT Learneasy

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Frontier, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

Hi does anyone have any experience with this provider? I am planning on taking their database master course for 3k (MCDBA/MCAD/MCSD). Been trying to find out more about them but to no avail. I spoke to one of the advisors and they sound helpful.

Does anyone know are they a reliable company? and what are the job prospects for someone with these quals. My goal is to work as a DBA.

2. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

They can be found at http://www.itlearneasy.com/

3. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

I'm surprised how noone seems to have heard of them, I found no info about them on the web. My feeling is that judging from chatting to the course advisor they are a legimate company but I was wondering if anyone had actualley had any experience with them.

He was straight with me, and I dont think he told any lies. He told me it would be hard and I wouldnt just walk into a 20K pa job afterwards. Sounds as though they have excellent support and do alot to help you. The advisor already worked in IT before as a C programmer so he knew what he was talking about.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Looks like just another company that puts together ready-made packages of existing vendors' certs. As always, the key will be how much bang you get for your buck, and just how useful that "bang" actually is when you need it.

Suitably vague response, I trust :)

EDIT: Sorry Frontier, you must have posted as I was writing this. That sounds quite positive, now that you've spoken to them. I guess you wont actually know until you, or someone, tries.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Frontier,

I did actually come accross these when I was thinking of going the training provider route. I have to say they look very appealing :D

3K seems to be very reasonable for what you want to embark on.I see they offer employment help too. What about technical support? Is it round the clock e-mail, or phone only 9-5?
    Is there a time limit to their course? i.e you have 12 months worth of support? Do they include exam fee's for that (would be very reasonable)!

Let us know if you sign up

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Sorry, Frontier. Living in the US, I don't have any direct experience with training providers in the UK. Wish I could help you.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

So noone else heard of them? really need some opinions. they seem very genuine to me. I have spoken to the advisor on the phone and he was very honest, supportive and answered all my questions. He was not sales pitchy at all, and said I should accept only when im ready. Wondering if any one has any experiences though?

8. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

They dont send a salesman round your house who pesters you to signup, they have a huge range of uptodate course materials for vb, and sql and etc. He even said he would be able to offer me oracle and c.net modules for no extra cost. Sounds good value, compared to computeach who wanted £6k+

9. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

This is what they offer - MCDBA, MCAD and MSCD which covers modules in Intro to programming, database design, systems analysis, VB.net and VB6, sql, win 2003, xml, asp, and possibly c.net and oracle modules. Free career support althrough, tutor support day and night via email and phone, free exams, access to virtual library and chat/forums no salesman at your house preaching - sounds good? All for £2990!

10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

We get the point, Frontier. Sorry that they seem to be something of an unknown here at CF. If you decide to sign with them, let us know how they are. Maybe your experience will flesh out who they are for us. Cheers.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

Hi there
    Yep I have come across these guys before - they are a reseller for I think it's Netg - an elearning provider. To be honest the support seems crap - no telephone support and the only support is through sending an email to a mentor - does not state how long it will take to get a response!! If you are wanting to do elearning/distance learning find a company that offers online mentoring and telephone support. You can aslo get the CD-ROMs they give you a lot cheaper elsewhere!
    Sarah

12. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

Sarah,

So have you actualley done a course with them? If so which course did you take?

13. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

Hi there - No I have not taken a course with them but I work in the training industry and have been for the last 8 or so years. I'm quite familer with all the training comapnies about - but I had a look at the terms and conditions of http://www.itlearneasy.com/ and they state therer is onyl email support. regardless of that the Netg materials are good - but can be bought cheaper!

14. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

so do u think I should go with them or not?

15. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

I would say it really is down to personal choice.
    There have been people on this forum who have been glad that they went with a training provider and some who said it was a mistake.
    If I were you I would think long and hard about spending a serious amount of money.

* What do you expect from your provider?

* Is there a time limit for support?

* Is there a forum where you can chat to others on their books to see how they are getting on?

* Compare the money they will charge to the books/media they supply.

* As far as the job offer goes it seems like there must be a huge amount of employers tied into these companies because everyone of them seems to be offering a job.

Hope this helps. If I were you don't make a decision either way until you are happy.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  16. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey Frontier :)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, or if you've posted elsewhere, but you seem to have spent the time asking all about every aspect of one provider here - have you wieghed them up against any other training providers at all ?

Doesn't need to be any of the "big UK names" - there are many smaller providers and colleges offering the same qualifications as you're chasing. You'd probably get a better idea of what you were letting yourself in for if you shopped around.

If I may add, I also think it's a little unfair to ask our Members to effectively decide whether you go with itlearneasy or not, as if you were to have any problems at all with them, then we wouldn't be able to help.

Just a few additional thoughts m8.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity