IT Jobs & And how much you earn doing it?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by danOne, Feb 28, 2006.

1. danOne

danOne Bit Poster

Hello,

I was just wondering for some realistic numbers in IT jobs. So if some people can tell me how much they make and what they do? Or made and did in previous jobs, it'd be great.

I am currently in school and getting some certifications, and 15 years from now I don't want to be stuck with a college degree, bunch of certs and a 10k job.

Thanks.

2. law123

law123 Byte Poster

Try some of the job sites this should give you a much better idea. Do a search on google for sites I would put some links here but I am not sure what country you stay so it is best you look yourself.

As for going into IT just wondering about what money are going to make :badi . You may be going in the wrong direction as it is best to like what you do and make good money rather than make exellent money and hate :cussing every minute you are at work. As we do spend a lot of time at work I hope you understand.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  3. danOne

danOne Bit Poster

I do like IT, I did check job sites.

I just thought it'd be a good discussion here..

Thanks.

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

All I know is that I have £500 per month paid into an account that I can spend. OK so food and petrol come out of that, but the rest is mine!

Not great, but enough to get by - for now. Thats after 9 years in the industry mind.

Never enter IT for the money!

8)

5. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

I think that in IT, like other walks of life, if you have what it takes you'll earn, if not you won't, and changing careers won't necessarily be the magic bullet that makes the difference. If you sucked in your old career, the question to ask is, was it me, or the job?

Cos if it was you, why will you change just 'cos the job does..

just my 2 cents...

(Which is why I never recommend people to move into IT 'for the money'...)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP