IT job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Jan 23, 2012.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Seen this job but im thinking its 3 jobs in one, this is the actual job description

Update company website on a daily basis. Networking of all company computers. Maintain of the Office Server. Updating software on company computers. Sending group mail shots for company marketing. All other technical help.

The job is fairly near, yet the salary is only 14k, am i right n thinking the money is rubbish for that?? This is not a junior role as well??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

It depends on the company size. Sounds like a small office/startup and they want an all round IT guy. I've worked for less in my early career but yeah the salary is targetting entry level. If it's an improvement on what you are doing now, go for it what's the worst that can happen....

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

The moneys not great but the experiance in that kind of setup would be invaluble later on. It sounds like it would be a 1 man IT team so you would be doing everything, which when it comes time to leave is good to have.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with Cunningfox... sounds like a small company and smaller companies will pay less because that's all they can afford. If you'd be getting lots of experience, I'd pursue it, because eventually you will make money, but we all have to start somewhere.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA