IT forecast for 2011

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by force1, Feb 15, 2011.

1. force1

force1 Bit Poster

found this in careerbuilder.co.uk
    chin up !!

Many IT departments plan to increase staff numbers in 2011. As reported by V3.co.uk, demand for new staff will be fuelled by growing IT areas such as project management, database administration and design, business intelligence, PC and technical support, cloud and software-as-a-service systems, network administration, virtualisation and security. However, it is possible that qualified staff will be hard to find. The IT sector is forecast to grow at an annual rate of 5.1% to 2015 and will drive employment growth, creating an additional 93,000 jobs by 2015, according to the latest Business Services Prospects report by economics consultancy the Centre for Economics and Business Research.

Certifications: 70-647
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, 70-643
  2. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

I wouldn't believe it too much.
    when somebody writes something like that usually has a purpose. probably some training companies paid for the article. LOL :-)

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  3. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Have read a few documents of "growth" due to happen in the industry, which is a good thing i guess

But it also means the dirty scamming companies are going to be rubbing their hands together - who advertise "The average salary of a job in IT is £40k, give us £3,000 and we'll screw you over"

If that is the case more and more people will be lured into false promises, and I'm sure we'll see some more of them on this forum.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I have certainly seen a marked increase in network engineer positions in my area since the turn of the year.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'm planning to increase the size of my department, however most likely we won't get the funding to do so :(

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. J.Hinds

J.Hinds Nibble Poster

Well if you do let me know, as I may know someone who lives close to the area you work in and who is very hardworking and very eager to learn.. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: MCSA (Server)
  7. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Working in the SaaS/Cloud industry, I can confirm that things are looking good :D