It Arrived! :D

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by tripwire45, Apr 29, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My upgrade to VMWare Workstation 5.0. I'll install it over the weekend. Kid-in-a-candy-store-time. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I got VMWare 5 today also. I have had a quick play with it and there are some nice new features.

I did have a quick play with the new team mode. One thing I couldn't get working was a DHCP server.

I have a Win2K3 server running, with a newly configured DHCP server, and a Win2K Pro workstation both in the same team, and using the new segmented Lan feature (so they are operating effectively in their own private network).

The win2k PC won't obtain an IP address though. There is one reference in the help to do with team connections. 'It says that NIC's configured with connections through a DHCP server cannot connect to a team LAN segment.'

I wasn't sure if that meant a client on auto-obtain that was external to the LAN segment not being able to get an IP. Or if it meant that DHCP with just not work within the LAN segment.

It's probably just that I haven't configured it properly on the server, I'll have to have another play. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

DHCP may be set up at the vmware networking level, and that could be interfering with the 2k3 servers DHCP server, is the client picking up an address at all? or reverting to a 169 address?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

169 Phoenix, so not seeing a DHCP at all.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada