ISEB vs Prince2

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Dunny, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Dunny

Dunny New Member

Hi Guys!

Thinking about studing to get a project management qualification under my belt, got about 6 years of IT project experience but all the jobs seem to want some kind of project management course either ISEB Foundation Certificate in IS Project Management OR PRINCE2 Foundation / Practioner Certificate to give me that extra clout when applying for any IT project roles.

Have any of you got any advice on this?

Was thinking about doing the self study route for both but I looked at the ILX group and through the BCS and they said I could but if I did sself study I would have to travel to Cheshire, London or Swindon to take the exams.

But if I go with a TP I could take the exams there and then, rough costs about a £1,000 per course maybe self study £200 & travel and if failed exam retake, exmas between £80 - £125 :dry

As anybody done either by self study or TP

Many thanks

Peter

Certifications: MCSA Messaging
    WIP: MCSE Messaging
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I looked at PRINCE2 with these guys as they're really close to where I live :

http://www.spoce.co.uk/prince2/prince2-distance-learning/info-and-prices.aspx

They have a good reputation and I'm sure if you rang/emailed them they could answer on the exam centre point.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Dunny

Dunny New Member

Thanks UKDarkster I will give them a shout :D

Certifications: MCSA Messaging
    WIP: MCSE Messaging