ISACA's CISM, CRISC Among Highest-Paying IT Certs

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Jun 22, 2012.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

ISACA's CISM, CRISC Among Highest-Paying IT Certifications

ISACA’s Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credentials have been named two of the highest-paying IT certifications in the latest Foote Partners’ IT Skills and Certifications Pay Index (ITSCPI). The recognition shows that employers are investing in professionals with specific IT skill sets that demonstrate the knowledge and expertise to address current and emerging challenges such as cloud computing and big data.

Full Story here

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. dmarsh
      dmarsh
      Or its just more marketing and PR fluff, I like the look of some of the ISACA certs, but really these surveys have been proven baseless countless times.

I would expect industry mandated security certs like GIAC to be high up and things like CCIE, but really there is no direct relation between certification and pay. People that try to make the association just lose credibility in my view.

Here is what Foote Partners say :-

So even they admit that many non certified skills are as important or more important in determining overall pay.

Despite them also claiming they have a 'better' survey and research technique I doubt it is a good method or supports the above articles conclusions.

1. It is based on data that only applies in North America, so may be invalid outside that geographic region. The article mentions someone from Pune India.

2. It is unlikely to include all the possible aspects of remuneration, e.g. heath care, company car, expenses, bonuses, stock options, overtime pay, paid holiday leave, flexitime etc.

Even worse its unlikely to address the contract market at all.
      Last edited: Jun 22, 2012