ISA 2006 - no MS Press book

Discussion in 'Security Exams' started by Sparky, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Got handed a small ISA project at work so thought I would have a look at the 70-351 before Microsoft can it. If I get this it would bump up my MCSA to security as well.

Anyways in regard to exam prep materials there does not seem to be much out there, any suggestions? :blink

Just ordered ISA 2006 unleased and about to install ISA 2006 in my test lab... :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Not sure about any MS Press book - the objectives should be on the Microsoft site somewhere. As for study material, I'll recommend (as I always do for ISA) the Shinder book from Syngress. I have every edition of this - the 2006 one is just as good as the others

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Sparky

Cheers mate 8)

Will be spending a bit of time on isaserver.org for the next few weeks I think.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  4. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

As I recall there is no MS Press book for the 70-351 (ISA 2006) as there was not much difference between ISA 2004 and ISA 2006. I believe that according to MS, the 2004 training is suffcient.

-Ken

Edit: Just found the post from Modey, re ISA 2006 studying.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Sparky

Thanks mate. I've never worked with ISA 2004 before, only ISA 2000 and ISA 2006. As you said it looks like the jump from ISA 2004 to ISA 2006 isn’t a big one in regard to exam preparation.

Plenty of resources on the web so hopefully I will have enough time to get this exam done.

6. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck with the exam :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security