Is this legal?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by armouredcrack, Nov 9, 2008.

1. armouredcrack

armouredcrack Bit Poster

I was generally browsing as you do and came accross this site. Which as you will see when you visit it. It says that if you sign up with them they will do the exam for you and you will pass.

There doesn't seem to be alot of information on how this is done i.e how they find out that you would pass it if you were to do it yourself. Seems to be abit dodgy to me.

Any thoughts guys? Has any seen this before?

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Seems a bit dodgy is the understatement of the century in regards to this

You know when you couldnt pass your driving test and you could 'pay' someone to take your place on the test (before the days of photo licences) well its like that really. 100% illegal im sure and if you were found out after landing a job, then you surely would be sacked, but which woulkd come first, sacked for lying on your cv about the quals you have/havent really got or the fact that you would be sussed out within the first week of working for your chosen company.

Need i say more?????

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Do you think its' legal?

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Wrong!!!

While taking the exam at an authorized testing centre is legal/legitimate, a person/company sitting the exam for you is not. This is why when you sit an exam they ask you for 2 forms of ID. They, themselves, are not only breaking the rules and agreements from Microsoft, but also Prometric.

-Ken

They even contradict themselves... I strongly recommend to stay away from them, as you may find yourself decertified in the future.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

See here :-

http://www.certguard.com/gunmen.asp

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow! I can't see how anyone would think this practice was legal and ethical. It would be like me wanting to have a commercial pilot's license and paying a "ringer" to take and pass the exam for me. I would then be a licensed commercial pilot, without having the faintest idea how to fly a plane (keep that in mind the next time you take a flight anywhere...what if I'm in the cockpit?).

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Is it legal.. hello :blink :rolleyes:

Removed dubious link from our forum.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. vgarg

vgarg Nibble Poster

Dammm.

The site needs to be taken down ASAP and :banned. The people running the site need to be shot :gun.

:devilflam

Certifications: ECDL;CIW;HNC Business Computing
    WIP: A+;MCDST;N+;Bsc Computing
  9. armouredcrack

armouredcrack Bit Poster

Sorry for the ignorent sounding title "Is this legal?" didn't even think for one second that this was legal

Point to note i was not considering using their services at all. Just wanted to know what everyone else thought about it. Even if i did get away with using their services to get my certs. i would know how i got qualified and wouldnt be able to live with that. That's not how i role. I would rather work for them so they actually mean something. Not just something on a bit of paper.

I removed the site from my previous post. No point in corrupting any one else with their BS and corruption :D

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA