Is this a bad question?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Markyboyt, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

I don't think i'm breaking any rules here, I just want peoples opinions on this question as I seem to be coming across a few that I think are badly worded regarding the answer but it might just be me, so I want to know if its worded badly or whther this is realistic of A+ questions. The question is a study question from a reputable learning resource and is definitely not a BD.

Question deleted by me.

WIP: A+
  2. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

I would guess 'C' if it was just one answer!
    CompTIA A+ is very badly worded exam, i found its ussually best to pick the first thing that comes into your head and not look too deep into the questions as the answer is ussually obvious and there are very few/ If any trick-questions (as far as i can remember)

Craig

3. Markyboyt

forgot to mention its 3 answers (not 2 hence the edit lol)

Another one for the mix also

Question deleted by me.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

No the questions are badly worded in all exams.

I would say B

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Markyboyt

Damn lol

There's 3 answer for the first question and 2 for the second

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If it's legit material, then you're posting copyrighted intellectual property.
    If it's not legit material, then I don't have to tell you what you're posting... :D

If you're concerned about poorly worded questions, why don't you buy some questions from a company that WON'T provide you a bunch of poorly worded questions?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Markyboyt

I have got mike meyers all in one and the questions that came with it, I'm just giving this one a whirl too but was a bit worried that if it's badly worded in the question then it could cause more bad than good

8. BosonMichael

If you've got a bunch of poorly worded questions, it absolutely CAN do you more harm than good! That's why I constantly say, "You get what you pay for," "You get what you pay for", "You get what you pay for." Get some high-quality practice exams, and you won't have that problem.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. Markyboyt

So to clarify BM are saying it is a bad question or not?

The question is part of the initial learning programme before the practice exams, it was by no means free, it's ok saying get some high quality material but what I'm attempting to determine is if the material I have is of a low quality

10. BosonMichael

Well, whatever I say could be suspected of bias, because I create products that compete with it.

However, since you have asked my opinion, and since I have no idea whose product you have quoted, I will say that I believe those questions are very poor. As I see it, the first question has four correct answers; the second question has no correct answers.

That content may not be free, but if that's indicative of the questions they provide, I wouldn't consider it to be "high-quality content". In any case, once you have gotten the feedback you require, I'd recommend that you remove the content from your posts.

11. Markyboyt

I appreciate that its awkward due to you creating similar materials, but i'm sure most people trust you enough to give an unbiased opinion, but with it being your field also makes you familiar with what to expect and whether this is of a good standard.

Thanks for giving your opinion on them, for me they seem too vague and open to interpretation and also a bad use of terminology ( I may be wrong on this), I will contact the company to query the standard of the questions but didnt want to do anything or reveal who it was without a more professional opinion.

I will change my posts above so that I can still show the question and the answers to illustrate them but without them being a copy, is this likely to still be a copyright issue?

12. Markyboyt

I deleted the questions instead, was no other way.
    The provider was actually Learn Direct, I decided to buy there £57.50 A+ 601 material to see what it was like and i'm not that impressed with it, these courses have been discussed here in a diff thread so I will comment in there also.

13. BosonMichael

Glad to be of assistance, Marky. And thank you for your belief in my honesty - I appreciate your consideration. :)