Is there a grace period for retired exams?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Juelz, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

furious MS are retiring the MTA Server fundamentals and from what I've seen they are not replacing it with another server related cert, I am convinced the cloud fundamentals exam is actually the replacement for the server cert (conspiracy). Am I right inthinking there is a default grace period where you can still take retired exams?

2. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I am afraid I cat help mate but I have lost ALL interest in MS Exams since they decided to drop the 76-80. Its a joke.

3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

There are a few I want to get as they directly link to my job role and believe I can get a few of them I can get of the helpdesk as my workforce is highly uncertified, so Im looking to impress.

I could really do with the server cert but its being retired this week! Which is ruining my plans.

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Ive had a brainwave.. What if I book the exam before the retirement date but schedule it after the retirement date? Anyone got any experience with this scenario?

5. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I'm not sure the test centre will allow you too mate. They will (In theory) have all dates for that exam greyed out after the exam expiry date.

6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I thoughr that to but nope I can schedule past the retirement date.. I may have to contact MS about this to see what the situation is

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Umm I would double check with the testing centre, certainly with VMware and expired exams you can't book and sit them past the expiry date. I would be surprised that MS allow you to pay for and sit an exam that's already been retired.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Would email MS and see if they can help...

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. techaddict586

techaddict586 New Member

Good luck, and let us know what you find out mate.

10. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

The particular exam retirement has been extended for a year! They retired it for a few days then suddenly extended it! Very happy about this, a serious game changer for me.