Is MS press book enough for 290 exam?

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by stolenblessing, Feb 10, 2008.

1. stolenblessing

stolenblessing Nibble Poster

Hello Guys,

Is it enough to practice the exams from MS press book?

I dont have any other material?

Please guide me.

Regards,

Certifications: CCNA, MCP (70-290)
    WIP: 70-291
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Is it enough for some people, particularly those with a lot of experience with Windows Server 2003? Sure. Is it enough for you? I have no idea - only you can answer that. Study the concepts until you understand them completely, then go take the live exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

As BM says, it's a very subjective question. Many people who have taken the exam here have gone with more than one book in the past. Or at the very least, used things like TechNet which is a great online MS resourse when it comes to studying.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

My rule of thumb is to always have at least two books on a topic. Unless, of course, the topic is so obscure that only one book exists!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Its up to you mate but if it helps I just used the MS Press book and setup a lab with a 2k3 server and one XP client.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

Msbook and technet was enough for me.

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680
  7. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

I did the same but I did towards the end use the Exam Cram book aswell which is useful for some short sharp reminders

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7