Is it Ok if I go in for MCAD of ASP.NET 1.1?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Sony, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Sony

Sony Bit Poster

Hi guys,
    I plan to give the first paper 70-315 by this month end. I had a few queries !!
    1. As it goes in the subject line of my post : is it ok if I give the exam of 1.1 Framework?
    2. How much time do we get in the exam?
    3. What is the total score out of ? And whats supposed to be a decent score?? :rolleyes:
    Have been going through this book since a few weeks...around 6-7 weeks http://www.amazon.com/MCAD-MCSD-Self-Paced-Training-Applications/dp/0735619271/sr=1-5/qid=1158611455/ref=sr_1_5/102-7548748-9818500?ie=UTF8&s=books

Is that sufficient??

Getting a bit nervous as time is approaching !!

Thanks.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Not sure what you mean by this?
    Most MS exams are sbout 2 hours, but this can vary from exam to exam.
    A Pass is a decent score. As the saying goes a pass is a pass, you either pass, or you fail. There is no good pass or average pass.
    I have no idea as I'm not a developer, but how confident do you feel with the material?

Good Luck. 8)

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Click here for more info. The MCAD is based on .Net 1 & 1.2. The MCTS & MCPD are using .Net 2

According to Antonio the lenght of the exam is 2 hours and it has 55 questions.

"Normally" the pass score of any (non-next gen) Microsoft cert is 700. 700 or higher is considered to be good. And like simongrahamuk said, a pass is a pass. :)

To be honest, if passed exams are anything to go by and this is your only resource, then I would say probably not. Try getting some mock exams sims like transcender or measure-up and try them. Not only do you have to contend with the questions and find the answer but you also have to deal with the way MS asks them which should be a course on it own :) I'm not trying to put a downer on your up comming exam just trying to give you advise I was given.

Hope this helps anyway.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Good answer Ken, well said.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. Sony

Sony Bit Poster

Hey Ken,
    Thanks for the reply....After reading your reply I bought Kalani's book which seems to be great.. containing topic wise exam questions for 70-315......Amazing book !! I think that should serve the purpose of having thorough practice of 'MS Type' Questions !!

Thanks..