Is it free to reschedule an exam because test centre was shut?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Blade, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Blade

Blade New Member

Hi,

I had my exam booked today but the test centre was shut because of "an accident". I rang up Prometric to reschedule and they said several other people called because the same test centre was shut.

My question is, is the reschedule free? I would assume so because it wouldn't be fair otherwise and even though the lady said so, she didn't really understand what I said (foreign). I was hoping for something written on the prometric site to indicate this.

Also, what is prometric's role in certification? I know ms write the exams, the exam centre moderates the exam/location of taking the exam.

Anyone know?

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I would be surprised if they didn't reschedule you, all things considered.

Prometric is the middle man between Microsoft and the test centers. Prometric does the following:

Certifies test centers as official Prometric testing centers (ensuring adequate equipment, security, etc.)
    Manages exam scheduling for the testing centers
    Creates and maintains the test delivery engine
    Delivers the exams electronically to the centers as needed
    Takes payment
    Provides exam results, survey results, and any other electronically signed agreements to Microsoft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've rescheduled a few exams and they've alway been free.

What's prometric's role? They are the testing centre where you sit the exams, they also help out with the betas.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Blade

Blade New Member

Thanks guys!

Prometric say on their site they would ring you to reschedule within 48-72 hours, so they would. I rang them to reschedule as soon as I can. :)

On my new confirmation of the reschedule, it says:

Date of Payment/Tax Point: Feb 6, 2009

Which makes me wonder...

5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You had a contract with them to take the exam at a particular place and a particular time. They haven't provided the facilities for that service therefore they are in breach of contract.

Sort-of related fact(UK only?):
    The price advertised in shops is not what you have to pay, when you get to the checkout it's treated as a bargaining point (licence to treat, as in treaty, look it up in a dictionary. I don't mean give them a lolly) legally. If they advertise a 2 for 1 deal and they charge you full price for both, don't say anything at the checkout, pay your money and go straight to customer services. As soon as they accept your money they are guilty of false advertising on every single item they currently have on the shop floor advertised at the reduced price. £2000 per item fine.
    That gives you a fair amount of bargaining power.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job