Is cisco still in demand

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by ciscowannabe, Sep 4, 2009.

1. ciscowannabe

ciscowannabe New Member

I have been working in IT now for about 4yrs looking after window and exchange servers plus some sql with citrix.

I decided to do my ccna ccna v ccna s and checkpoint ccsa. I am now working towards my ccnp.

Im trying to find a job in networking but its like banging your hd against a brick wall. Is it me or is cisco simply not in demand any more.

Is anyone else finding it hard to break into networking

2. oush

oush Byte Poster

Cisco Voice and Cisco IP are still very highly in demand specially if you have experiance with Financial Institutions and Telco's. Juniper / Extreme are highly in demand as well, networking is a particular area which will and always is in demand mate.

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Cisco with experience, yes. Cisco without experience, no.

Didn't we already have a post-versation about this a few days ago?? :blink If you don't listen to the advice we give, you're gonna keep banging your head on the wall to no effect.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I have bolded the keys as to why you are having trouble finding work, the CCNA is a good cert to have with 6-12 months commercial experience, studying the CCNA without taking the exam if you have no experience is beneficial as you will learn a lot of good stuff and you wont make employers think you either cheated or are going to disapear after 6 months for something better.

Search for the term overcertified and this will explain the many reasons why this is bad.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal