Is a Transcender Braindump?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by momer79, May 18, 2009.

1. momer79

momer79 Bit Poster

Hi,

1- I am studying for 70-536 exam through Microsoft Self Paced Training Kit. I am looking for practice exam and wondering if transcender is a braindump? If it is then i won't go for it.

2- How close are their practise exam to real exam?

3- Which one is the best?
    Transcender OR MeasureUp OR SelfTest

4- Has anyone failed 70-536 exam after practicing Transcender Q&As?

5- Does MeasureUp practice exams are same as in the CD of Microsoft Self Paced Training Kit?

Regards

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

No, Transcender is not a braindump. You can check any site out at Certguard

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What he said ^

If practice tests were the same as the real thing then they would be a braindump. Generally people think of the practice tests as harder than the real exams. I think if your getting 80% and above in practice tests then you should nail the real exam.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I used the MeasureUp practice tests and just passed the exam. I doubt I would have performed better had I used Trancenders but I'll never know !

I believe MeasureUp produce the MS training kit tests also, in the training kit you get like 50 questions, you can buy the online exam for like $50 and get around 150 questions so its like £30 for another 100 questions (If you assume that 50 are exact duplicates, which is probably not the case).

I would expect the failure rate to be higher than most other MS exams, regardless of what test prep they used. I would therefore expect some people to fail regardless of transcender, MeasureUp, SelfTest, its about knowing the material, practice tests just gauge your level, provide areas of improvement and last minute tips.

I think the questions are vetted to prevent them being too close, however there are only so many ways you can ask certain questions, so there is some inevitable overlap. Doing practice tests therefore definitely ups your average.

5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

I think years ago transcender were a bit suspect but they got bought out a while back and are totally legit now. I've used their exams for one of my tests and thought they were great

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

That was because their writers couldn't speel :D or write a grammatical sentence :D but it was more recent than years ago.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I don't think this is true. I started working at Transcender over 9 years ago, and they were not "suspect" at that time. I was there through both buyouts and they are no more legit now than they were before, which is to say that they've always been legit. I now work for one of the original Transcender owners at Boson, and I can assure you that we're not suspect and he brought forth the same philosophy to Boson that we had at Transcender.

8. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Just a note that if you're looking at a choice between Transcender and Self Test, I'd recommend getting the Self Test version. They are both now owned by Kaplan IT, and while I worked there, the content between the two products were the same except the Transcender product had 10% more items. In my opinion, if I were choosing between those two, I'd choose the Self Test and save the money.

9. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

I used the Trancender tests for the 70 620 exam and found them to be much harder than the actual exam.

This is why I would recommend them. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  10. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Ah well in that case I apologise and stand corrected. I must have my wires crossed with a different company :oops: I love the Transcender stuff personally. Sorry, James

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  11. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Price wise I tend to now lean toward Preplogic (when they have their sales on). They're ok, I've passed more exams than failed with them, by then again I can say the same thing about practice exams from other vendors.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That is inaccurate. I worked for Transcender before AND after they got bought out, and they were legit the whole way through. At least, they were when Josh arrived on the scene in 2000 and I arrived in 2001.

In truth, when Self Test purchased Transcender, things changed, and I can't honestly say the changes were for the better. That's why Josh and I decided to leave and eventually ended up at Boson - with much of the original Transcender team. And... we're STILL legit.

EDIT: I guess I should read the whole post before responding. :D In any case, you can see that our accounts line up. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I have never heard anything to even remotely suggest that Trancsender was anything other than 100% legit.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada