Ipod

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kat731, Aug 30, 2005.

1. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi all,
    ive been doing some searching, found someone on the Apple forum with same prob as me... but no answer!!
    Just wondering if anyones had same prob on theirs and how they fixed it.
    What it does is, some songs it just scrolls through and plays another, wasnt doin this last week??? tried updatin it??? Any ideas???
    Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Not an expert on iPods but maybe the mp3 file has become corrupt for some reason. Have you tried deleting the errant songs and reloading them again?

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi Pete,

i'll give it a try later. Ipods are not as easy as they are made out to be.... well, thats my review!!!!!:rolleyes:
    Kat

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

iPod? thats the dodgy yuppie mp3 player that converts everything into dumb AAC tracks isnt it? :P
    sorry to hear about the prob mate, cant say I use iPods so I wont be much help :(
    Mre of a Creative Nomad fan myself
    my original Zen bought it last week in the rain, stopped producing audio, that will teach me to wear it in the rain, 4 years old now though, got it replaced with a very swish Creative Zen Sleek

its almost identical in dimensions to the iPod, and is very nice :)
    ill post some shots some time lol

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi Ryan,

yeh ya right, not that impressed it has to be said... Might sell it and go with somethin like Zen or Sony.
    Kat

6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Kat I work for Apple tech support and we get calls like this all the time...one tip...book it for a repair/replacement, if u get the replacement iPod sell that on ebay, i can guarantee u will get back more money than what u paid for it in the first place...go to www.apple.com/support/ipod and there is a section there to book it for a repair/replacement, any probs just leave me a message and I will help out where I can...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Thanks Noel, thats good of ya..

Have requested a repair, waiting for the email of instructions to return.
    Prob wouldnt get much for mine anyhow as iv had it engraved!!!
    Kat

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

right if u have had it personalised then you can or should have requested it not to be personalised for 2 reasons, one when u sell it u might get more than u asked for and also if it was to be personalised again it will take upto 4 weeks till u get it back...but thats only if its a replacement iPod your getting back, if its ur original one, well depends whats been engraved....but any probs im here....

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  9. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi Noel,

got my Ipod back, seems all ok. Downloaded Itunes updates. No problems. Didnt seem to get an explanation though as to what was wrong.. Excellent repair turnround/pickup and return...

Kat