Introduction to Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2010

Discussion in 'Software' started by SimonD, Jun 25, 2010.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Guys,

I know I haven't finished the SCCM Guide but here is the DPM one, this just covers the installation as I am working on the Admin guide now.

The PDF I have created with full details on how to install DPM into a virtual environment for testing purposes is linked at the bottom of the screen. It only covers the Installation of the product as the administration guide is currently a WIP.

The Installation Guide is 48 pages long which is why I have decided to PDF it rather than posting it as viewable content in here.

Just so you're aware, this has taken the best part of 3 weeks and multiple DPM server builds to get all the screenshots as I wanted, you may find that server names don't stay consistant and that's why.

Once I have the Admin guide completed I will post it here as well.

Feedback, as always, is greatly appreciated.

SkyDrive Link to document.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Great guide Simon, repped!

Myself, I've been running test lab for last 2-3 months using DPM 2010 to backup 2 DC's, SQL Server 2008, SharePoint 2010, Exchange 2010, File/Print server and Remote Dekstop Services server.
    I really like DPM's interface and functionality. I've made some notes and guides too in the meantime.

I'm writing a guide on how to use DPM 2010 to carry out long-term backups to external USB drives.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Agreed, awesome guide! Thank you!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Great job Simon.

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)