Introducing myself :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Confuzedgurl, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Confuzedgurl

Confuzedgurl New Member

Hello -

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am looking to get my Net+ first then Security+ and who knows what after :). I accidentally ran across this forum and it was a pleasant surprise. It's full of helpful info :D.

2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! :)

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi and welcome to CF :)

Will these be your first IT certifications?

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Confuzedgurl

Confuzedgurl New Member

Yep..these will be my first. I was thinking about starting off my with A+ but from what everyone has been telling me that may be a waste of my time ( based off of what I've been doing for the last few years). I've been in the IT field for almost 4 years now... Senior Help Desk support and the like. I did buy that guide also and have been reading it while I decide if it would be smart to take that one too.

6. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums, good luck on the N+! 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  7. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  10. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  11. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I have been in the IT Field for a number of years also, but then decided when it was time to get some certifications under my belt to start in the natural progression of A+, now I have that one I don't know exactly which to move on to, N+ seems to be natural progression but I am thinking more along the lines of MCITP

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  12. Cholmondley-O'McTurk

Cholmondley-O'McTurk New Member

Hello there!

I did my Security+ just last week, so I can't say what it will lead to, but it might be a prerequisite for other things.

I got my A+ early this year, and I felt it useful as it covered a lot of aspects of computing. I can't say how often it is demanded (I am actually still trying to enter IT, so well done to you for already being in it).

However, no qualification is actually useless unless YOU decide it is! Naturally, you must exercise some discernment, but you should perhaps hesitate before being judgemental with yourself about the certifications you have done.

Also, a qualification such as A+, being broad, is useful for 'spying out the land' and seeing what aspects might interest you (although you are already in IT, so may have formed opinions).

13. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

But too many certifications with no practical experience is usually more harmful than helpful when trying to get into IT.

Remember, IT certification is there to prove your ability, it's not there to help people with no commercial experience bypass that experience.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    RichyV likes this.