Introducing myself.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Chartax, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Chartax

Chartax New Member

Hi there, I found this forum today through a Google search for information about MCDST / CompTIA A+, I wanted to see how they compared to eachother.

My name is Alastair and I'm from Scotland but I tend to go by the online pseudonym "Chartax" which I have used for several years now in online communities.

I'm 17 years old and I'm still in High school, I'm going to a local college next year to study HNC Computing which will include the MCDST Certification and part of CCNA.

I'm also studying CompTIA N+ in my free time and I hope that I will also do CompTIA A+ when I'm finished with all of that.

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to getting involved with the community!

Thanks,

Chartax.

2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Welcome Alastair :)

I beleive the MCDST qualfiication is being retired in June this year, so that'd mean you'd need to take the exam before June to get the qualification. Not sure how MS will be replacing it if they do (One of the other chaps here should probably be able to give advice on that)

Either way, A+ and N+ are just as good routes to go down. good luck :thumbleft

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I think its being replaced by "MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7". Welcome to CF

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!