Intro

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cosway, Feb 24, 2010.

1. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

Hi
    Just signed up and thought I would introduce myself...

I have already earned the MCDST and upgraded to the Vista Equivent Enterpise Support, I've also earnerd the Comptia A+ Remote Support Cert, as my previous jobs where all IT Helpdesk based.

I'm currently employed as a Network Manager at a Secondary/Comprehensive/High School in South Wales, but I'm self funding my studies, and using self study books to pass.

I have recently just taken and passed the Comptia A+ 2009 Bridge Exam. I'm currently studying for MCSA:2003, So I need to take and pass (290+291) together with my MCDST and Vista Upgrade.

I hope to do this during March (290) & April (291). Cost is the issue rarther than time, and can only really afford to shell out for 1 exam a month, but 2nd shot is back, so I'm going for it..:D

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Welcome aboard butt! (it's ok, i'm from south wales too).

Sounds like you have worked out a good strategy for your development already. As for the funding, could you speak with HR about what budget they have and if you could be included? Sometimes people (employers) dont realise how the expenses can build up. As you say, it's not only the exam costs; the books, online training, software......

good luck - hope it works to your advantage.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

Thanks Boycie.

I don't really want to push my luck with HR, I'm also doing a Part Time BSc (again self funding) and I get half a day flexi working, to allow me to attend lectures, (and it was hard enough work getting that from them):D

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

time off to study - that's good mate. It shows they have considered you and has a relative monetary value.
    Good luck with the cert's.

Cheers.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, sounds like you have a good plan.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. graphics

graphics Nibble Poster

Welcome

WIP: CCNA