Interview Time!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Boxrick, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Boxrick

Boxrick Bit Poster

Tomorrow I have an interview for a company fairly local to me. This is a role that I am passionate about ( Programming ) and I am obviously very keen to get this job. This however is my first real interview, other jobs I have always come into by chance with no real "interview". It is a Junior role so I believe they are hoping for someone who is passionate rather than having tonnes of relevant experience.

I can read all the guides and tutorials I want but I am after some real world experience of particular styles or things which may come up which potentially may help me along.

So is anyone willing to help me get this job and take it into a career?

The interview is with the Senior software developer in a 1 and 1 with no technical questions.

I have been going over the company trying to learn as much as I can about them and the way they operate along with going through my own CV and making sure I can respond to any questions it may raise.

2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

first off, good luck!

secondly, since it has no technical questions I wouldn't worry too much. They're going to judge your character and personality.

Look into the company, the interviewer and get some questions prepared. Try to gauge what they're looking for (social programmer, or basement geek?)

Be enthusiastic, show them you want to learn, can take critisism (show examples), communication is key.

edit: Let us know how you get on.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010