Interview Preperation

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jazzy jazz, Jan 1, 2015.

1. jazzy jazz

jazzy jazz Bit Poster

Can I wish all members a happy 2015 first of all !!!! :iluvcf

I have decided to apply for jobs again after a two year period.

Good news is i have a interview.

Below is the job spec any ideas on which questions may be asked. I really want to cover all angles before i attend the interview.

The Role:

• Responsible for answering the service desk phone and classifying and assigning new tickets.
    • Provide phone, desk-side and remote support to users, including resolving hardware and software issues.
    • Set up, configure and install new PC’s and associated equipment in accordance with company procedures.
    • Provide first line support for desktop, server and network infrastructure equipment, including network switches and routers.
    • Occasional need to work off site at locations within the UK.
    • Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
    • To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the Company Standard.
    As Always any help would be much appreciated :helpread

Thanks !!!!

Certifications: A+, N+, S+, ITIL V3, MCDST
    WIP: 70-682
  2. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

just be confident and be your self in the interview that's all that counts,

best of luck

3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

The usuals that you should prepare for are:

What do you know about us? -- look at the companies home page get a basic idea of the services they provide and have a look at the about us page and any recent news pages they might have. You don't have to memorise it word for word but pick out the bits you think are important.

How would you prioritise tickets: think of a system before hand and use that if the answer is not obvious in the scenario.

How would you deal with an angry caller: We've all been there so think about the technique you used at the time and describe it within the interview.

Tell us about you: Think about this before hand, tell them about your achivements and also how you've turned a bad situation good this always a good thing to show at an interview.

Where would you like to be in 18 months time: this is the dreaded one! think about it honestly and if there looks to be a promotional ladder internally to the company then maybe say that or what you would like to aspire to within the next 2-3 years.

Do you have any questions for us: This one generally shows interest in the company but if you actually have no questions just say that you've had a look around the website and have no questions at this point if you do not.

The main thing is to think about these questions beforehand and any others the recruiter might have hinted at. Answering what seems to be simple question on the day is always trickier than it seems.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Pretty much everything covered by Dale to be honest, what I would suggest is to realise that multiple users impacted (for example payroll) is more important than the sales director or C level exec, you just need to be able to phrase that to the exec without pissing him off.

Also one thing I always did when I was at that level is push back, if you can't do something or do it on time, let them know, don't break your back trying to do it and failing as it only makes you look bad. People appreciate honesty over failure.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I used to say to the boss "I will make you more money!", they never heard an engineer ever say that before, it never failed
    Just don't become another mouth to feed, no business wants that..

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree