Interview out come

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Aug 31, 2013.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

So you may remember that i had an interview last week and that i was rather hopeful of a positive outcome, and i was half expecting a second interview.

Out of all that applied there were 6 of us chosen in the first stage and three of us were expected to to be selected for the second part etc.

As it now stands, no one has been selected for the job, which really suprised me to be fair, i mean not one???

I havent had any feedback in regards to how i performed, so im waiting on that, but i have a feeling the company who were recruiting were after a graduate who has tons of experience, which i dont have.

Anyway, safe to say i was rather pissed off when i learned my fate, and my punch bag took one hell of a beating.

OH well ill keep plugging away and get that job i want

ZX

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Keep your chin up mate, I've seen it where a change in their business has meant that either the vacancy has been cancelled or put on hold. Company performance was less than anticipated, they lost a contract or were outbid at the 11th hour for a piece of work. Either way you're doing the right thing and forgetting this and moving on. 1 silver lining is that you now have more interview experience than before you applied. This will hopefully shine through in your next interview.

Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Sparky likes this.
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It happens mate – I had a few interviews when I first graduated and I was always asked about work experience (in IT) which I always thought was bizarre as I had not mentioned any “hands on” experience on my CV.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs