Interview on Friday

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by gosh1976, Mar 24, 2010.

1. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I sent in my resume last night and today got a phone call. So I've got an interview on Friday! It's for a help desk position at a non-profit community center. I haven't been on a interview for a technical position in quite a while so does anybody have any tips!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Relax, stay calm and be yourself!

Also, take a look here for some general interview tips.

Oh, and good luck for Friday:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. rabmerab

rabmerab Bit Poster

Learn as much as you can about the company and the position.
    This will help to talk about how you will fit within the company and what you can bring to them.
    The best luck

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Good luck for tomorrow :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

thanks for the good luck wishes...

I thought the interview went ok not great but ok. They apparently only interviewed 5 candidates and it's basically down to me and one other guy.

The position after talking with the director of IT seems like a really good opportunity (better than I thought) if I'm lucky enough to get it. I was told I would know something by next thursday. I've got me fingers crossed. wish I didn't have to wait to find out. Hope I get it but if not then I'll chalk it up to a great learning experience.

6. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

They informed that this morning they decided to go with one of the other candidates. I'm a bit disappointed as I would have had the opportunity to get experience with a wide range of technologies due to the small IT staff there and the fact that I would have had my foot in the door somewhere in the industry. But, I'm not too disappointed as I would have been taking home less money every week than where I am now.

Well I'll just keep on putting my resume out there and keep on studying and working on improving my skill set. Honestly I didn't really expect to be in a new job before the world cup and I'm looking forward to taking off a few days during that months time. Not that I'm putting my job search on hold. The competition is tough out there right now with so many people putting in for every job opening and I'll take any chance I can get!

7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Always disappointing when you don't get the job but you just have to keep plugging away. Wouldn't hurt to ask for some feedback and if there was a particular reason you didn't get offered the job - that helps next time you get an interview.

I'm sure something will turn up, interviews can be like buses and you may get several coming along at once !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)