Interview Friday

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by JLPCORR, Mar 19, 2008.

1. JLPCORR

JLPCORR New Member

Hi

I have an interview for a Technical Support role on Friday. This is my first IT interview. So has anyone any suggestions, what sort of questions may be asked? (those of you who have experienced this)

Thanks

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'll reply with what I've posted every time someone in this forum has asked the same question: they could ask anything. It all depends on what skills they are looking for at their company. If configuring a user's Outlook with their e-mail account information is important to them, they might ask about that. If resetting a user's password is important to them, they mgiht ask about that. In short, they could ask **anything**. This isn't really something you can "brush up" on - either you already know it, or you don't.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

All I can add to BM's post is to review the job posting and look for clues about the topics they may be interested in. If it's a call center role, they might look at your personality and enthusiasm. If it's a helpdesk role, they might ask about common user issues.

After your first interview you still won't know what any other interview may question. But at least you might be better prepared professionally. 8)

4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Lots of helpdesky type roles usually ask 2 things (on top of whats already been suggested)

1) Think of a time you dealt with an angry customer and how you dealt with them.
    2) *edit* Sorry as i was typing this the 2nd went straight out of my head, when i remember ill post it lol

not the one i was thinking of but sometimes they ask prioritisation such as whos problem would you fix first the CEO (who they may say its something trivial cant get online or play solitaire) or a users issue which is reasonably important but not critical.

I still dont know the "correct" answer to that one (for the interview purposes) but i usually say id do the CEO as they set budgets etc, while promising the user attention as soon as you have resolved the CEO's issue.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal