Installing TechNet Library on Network Share

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Gareth.Harle, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Gareth.Harle

Gareth.Harle Bit Poster

Hi All,

I'm setting up a training room as we're becoming an MS Certified Academy and I want students to have access to the TechNet Monthly Library we have access to as a TechNet subscriber. I can manually install it on each machine but would be so much better to install it to a share and give the clients the shortcut. Has anyone done this? Having installed it on the server and looking at the shortcut, there isn't an easy to see executable that it points to, to load the library. This might not make sense to anyone who hasn't used the Technet Plus library but if anyone has a solution, that would be great.

Thanks

Gareth

Certifications: MCSA, MCT, MCITP:EST
    WIP: Not sure yet
  2. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Isn't the TechNet licence per person?

Ie buying one licence and sharing the contents out to multiple users, isnt that a breach of the T&C's ?

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

You can have a server lic for several users but I'm not sure it would apply in the instance outlined.

I'm also sure (from memory) that the Technet documentation tells you how to set it up on a network share. It wasn't difficult I seem to recall.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Gareth.Harle

Gareth.Harle Bit Poster

The T&C's are covered as we access the TechNet plus to use specifically as part of the Academy system. I have found some Install Instructions regarding network installs but all I could find in them related to how you install it from a network share to clients, not the other way around. I'll do some more research!

Certifications: MCSA, MCT, MCITP:EST
    WIP: Not sure yet