Insiders Leak Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Roadmap

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Insiders Leak Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Roadmap

Apple said to prepare 'key' beta builds of Snow Leopard before final unveiling and official release

After being tipped off on Apple's pushing developers to deliver 64-bit support with a new Snow Leopard beta, AppleInsider has gained knowledge on the actual pre-release build cycles for Snow Leopard. Citing people familiar with the software, the source claims that final OS X 10.6 tests will span three 'key' build releases.

Those familiar with Apple's ongoing development of Mac OS X 10.6 have told the site that “Apple's roadmap for the final stretch of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard development currently calls for the release of three 'key' builds through the company's high-membership Apple Developer Connection.” Reportedly, “each of the builds will carry a significance in its own right, the first of which is scheduled to appear between now and the start of WWDC 2009 during the second week of June. This build will reportedly include 'big updates' to system components and functionality,” the same people are said to have told AppleInsider.

Read the whole article here. As we normally post articles on beta/new releases of Windows, why not on other Operating Systems...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments