Infosec

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by skulkerboyo, Apr 19, 2008.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Anyone going?

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yeps, I'll be there. Not too many decent keynotes this year - the App Security & Social Networking ones on Tuesday look the best bets, so will probably go on Tuesday for those and some of the educational sessions on Wednesday look pretty good, but other than that this is the first year for about four that I'm not going with a specific aim in mind (I've been looking for either an antispam, AV, proxy or firewall solution every year up until now but don't have to worry about that this time round). That said, I can't afford to waste three whole days there this year (like the last two years!) so will probably be pretty busy this time round!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I won't
    Infosec has turned into nothing more than a bunch of sales and marketing goons parading around like they know something, its probably one of the most ****e conferences of the year these days, pretty sad fact as it used to be THE place to be every year if you were remotely interested in security
    Hell this year it doesnt even have any decent keynotes or tracks, very poor show indeed

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Amen to the sales goons.:borgsmile You will be assimilated:borgsmile I've already had one call up and try to drag me to some trashy post infosec cocktail party at chelsea football ground:ohmy er. . . . ok I politely declined with "some of us have work to do":onthePC

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417