Industry Magazines

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by superal, May 18, 2006.

1. superal

superal Bit Poster

Hey guys, being new to this IT stuff are there any specific (UK) IT magazines, or other useful publications around that you guys subscribe to, or pick up regularly from your local newsagent?

Cheers 8)

Certifications: None in IT
    WIP: MCSE possibly maybe!?
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I get Computer Weekly sent to me, don't pay for it they just keep sending me it! Never seem to find the time to read it these days tho! 8)

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

sorry dont subscribe to any magazines.. like to do my IT reading online.. one place that might interest you is The Register - they UK based so that will suit you..

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Here's a thread from some time ago on the magazines people get. Some good stuff in there.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

All I ever read in that is the Dilbert strip :D! It's funny because it's true.

[EDIT] I subscribe to PC Plus, there are lots of varied articles in it every month (Linux, development, techie stuff etc), I find it goes quite in depth at times but is still easy to read. It also has a DVD that usually has some very useful software on it.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270