Indian call centre 'fraud' probe

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Jun 24, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Indian call centre 'fraud' probe

Police are investigating reports that the bank account details of 1,000 UK customers, held by Indian call centres, were sold to an undercover reporter. The Sun claims one of its journalists bought personal details including passwords, addresses and passport data from a Delhi IT worker for £4.25 each.

For the rest of the story, click Here

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      Heard that yesterday. Trip. Believe it or not a caller into our Helpdesk today actually asked me:

"You're not in India by any chance, are you ?"

I advised him no, and that as I was in Glasgow, I would be charging MUCH more than the amounts the Indians were ripping off ! He was a tad bemused ...:biggrin
    2. Boycie
      Boycie
      Joking aside, someone I know recently had £2000 put on his credit card. It was down to him to prove he wasn't in the country it was spent in!
      These banks make enough money as it is, well, lets just hope that the money they are saving by paying the Indian people a fraction of what they are worth they are prepared to take the wrap when things like this happen. :dry