In a world gone mad.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Nov 18, 2007.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

This is pretty much unbelievable. A nine year old girl suffering from leukemia starts a blog to keep her friends and family informed on her health status, and now loonies are threating to kill her.

You can read the rest of this article from the BBC here.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

This is what happens when we cave in to the nutters i suppose
    criminals in both the UK and US have more statutory rights than those who follow the letter of the law, pay there taxes and lead a normal civilised life.. go figure!

that seems pretty outrageous though, poor kid!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I agree too criminals are treated better than law abiding people.

Death threats too a 9 year old girl thats just sick, if they find whoever has done that they need locking up or f****** up.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

I couldn't agree more. These days the world seems to have gone mad and criminals have free run of the place. Still you don't want to get me started on this subject. I make Victor Meldrew look like a jolly chap.

This poor girl. The moron doing this should be given a good kicking ....

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

<Sigh> Very sad sorry. Hopefully they can find out who made the offending posts and then arrest the culprit.

Hang on, this is the UK. He will probably just get a caution. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I was going to say this was shocking, but it's not really, not when you consider the type of behaviour you often see on the net. I would imagine this is some form of sick prank by kids who think they are untouchable whilst slagging other people off on the internet. It's an all too common occurance unfortunately and it's because there seems to be rarely any comeback to those who do this kind of thing. There is seemingly very little accountability when it comes to what people can get away with when using the internet.

What on earth this has got to do with criminals supposedly having more rights than victims, I don't know. I could understand people complaining about that if ther person who did this was not punished in any way etc..

What would you have them do if it turns out it's some teenager doing it for a prank?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  7. greenbrucelee

Beat some sense into him , if they are doing it for a prank its a pretty sick prank.

8. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

What would I have them do if this is some sick, perverted teenager doing this? Put the jackass in jail for few years for terrorizing a little girle. He's obviously lost any sense of humanity, kindness, caring, and love for his fellow man. He doesn't deserve to walk free.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. greenbrucelee

I cant believe the girls family were so civil to the Woman that did that, and the police should be investigating it, surely the messages the woman sent must have been a direct link to the suicide as the Father said they might aswell have handed her a gun.