Impressed with new downloadable MS certs

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi all,

As you may or may not be aware I actually received my MCITP & MCTS certificates back a couple of months ago and I was very disappointed with the quality of them, see here.

But now MS has introduced Certificate Manager (within the MCP site, under Program Benefits -> Logo Builder). You can download your choosen cert either in .XPS format (which imo wasn't very good) and that is under 1mb or .pdf (which is alot better, but at approx 20mb). The quality is extremely good, alot better than the ones that MS provided and it actually states what MCTS/MCITP you are.

For more info on this, log on to your account on the MCP site.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. vlb

vlb Byte Poster

"Only MCITP, MCPD, MCTS logos which have one specialization and have been built and generated are eligible for certificates."

apparently doesnt apply to my MCDST or any of my MCP's :(

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-294
    WIP: MCSE
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You don't have several MCPs, you have only one. You don't get an MCP certification for every Microsoft exam you take... only your first.

They are probably releasing the Certificate Manager now with only the MCITP, MCPD, and MCTS logos simply because they've been so far behind shipping out Welcome Kits related to these certifications. I expect that they will someday extend the functionality to include the older certifications, considering they'll still be around (and attainable) for several years to come.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. vlb

vlb Byte Poster

slip of my tongue :P

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-294
    WIP: MCSE
  5. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

My MCITP and MCTS certificates arrived today. 8)

They took exactly 3 weeks I ordered them from the MCP site

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK