Images in an HTML Document

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by dan23687, Dec 24, 2009.

1. dan23687

dan23687 New Member

Hi,

The question I wanted to ask you guys is when creating a website and you place some images files within an HTML document what do you have to do to make sure these images are shown when the document is either copied or e-mail to a different location or a different pc?

I have just made my first website using Adobe Dreamweaver and this is a problem I haven't been able to ressolve.

One other question can anybody recommend a good Web Hosting company, as I know there are loads to choose from and was wondering whether anybody can recommend a good won.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Daniel

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

One way is to use absolute paths for the images so that they pull from your website.

e.g
    http://www.mywebsite.co.uk/images/logo.gif

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Hi NB - your link is fail:

[​IMG]

:D

Merry xmas!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You should use relative links if you want them to still work when the pages are moved to say another directory, absolute links would break...

HTML in emails can either use a dns name and full pathname to pull the assets from a server or the assets can be email attachments and referenced relative to email.

My advice is ditch dreamweaver until you learn how to build a website with notepad !

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  5. dan23687

dan23687 New Member

Hi there,

Thanks for you help. We try these things out and let you know how I get on