I'm still alive

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Oct 4, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I know some of you must have been wondering. I made my contractural deadline of September 30th and submitted all my materials but now I'm hip deep in page reviews. About half of the chapters have been returned to me from editorial review with questions and suggestions. Last Friday, I spent two hours on the phone with my Product Manager going over what needed to be changed which actually has made what I'm doing now a bit easier.

As I've written the book, I've gotten a better handle on what they need but these earlier chapters were the product of my ignorance and need a lot of help. The technical editor has caught a few of my gaffs which is particularly embarrassing but better him than the readers. I'm told this part of the process could take weeks since pages are going to be flying back and forth pretty liberally. I probably won't be completely done for another month.

Sorry to be neglecting my duties here, but writing a book is quite intense. Of course, I also still have my day job and need to produce for them as well. Needless to say, I'm still not getting a lot of sleep <yawn>. I've missed the lot of you and thought I should check in before you had to send out a rescue party.

Hope all is well here. Carry on. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

glad to hear from you mate
    its quiet around here without you :)
    glad to hear you got the book in on time, i guess page reviews and such are just part of the process, albiet for another unknown length of time, still all for the best really
    and hows the new job??
    and hows your daughters trip to japan? going smoothly? is she due home soon?

gotta love me and all your questions, it will take your next writers block session to reply :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Good to see you back, Trip - the place is certainly quieter when your not around. Nothing left to ask that Ryan has covered, so I hope all the answers are positive.

Take it easy, friend :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Jamie's doing ok. We talked with her last weekend. She gave up the brass band club since it was absorbing all of her time. She got really sad and bluesy a month back but is doing better now. She's got about 130 days left in Japan before returning home. She loves us lots but knows she's really gonna miss her host family. We were told to expect this...the kids all love their parents the first 12 hours they are back home then immediately go into a period of mourning for their host family.

New job isn't so new anymore. I can't talk about it too much on the Internet but I have fit in well with the team. I like it down in the lair away from sales and marketing and admin. Nice and quiet until all of the tech support guys get here. Then it's like working with 14 year olds...especially the sense of humor.
    I like the music they play tho...they lean towards the blues...nice atmosphere. Can't complain.

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

What you trying to see here, Buster ??? :x

(PS Guys, I just changed his keyboard to UK layout :biggrin )

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

hi Trip, good to see you back on the boards, although by the sounds of it, only for a short while. don't work to hard m8 and drop in once and a while :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I'll try...but with Gav changing the layout of my keyboard...I might get a bit confused.
    :biggrin

8. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hey Trip good to see you, I was wondering how you were. Glad things are going ok, with all this burning the candle at both ends when are you going to take a well deserved holiday? :)

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I don't know how we'll manage Trip, but we'll try to keep the net up and running till you get back. Don't overdo it though.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Great to hear from you Trip :D Glad thing's seem to be goin well. As AJ said, try not to work too hard!! See you when you next get a chance to get on the boards. North Amerca is not bein represented to well here right now, so hurry back! :biggrin

Andy

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada