I'm in your country illegally

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Oct 28, 2007.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm in your country illegally. I'm hiding out from the authorities in fear that I'll be deported. I'm taking jobs "under the table" for dirt poor wages. I'm living in poverty, sharing a one room flat with a dozen other people of the same legal status including families with small children. We're all struggling to survive but feel taking this risk is better than where we came from. If we get hurt or sick, we avoid seeking medical attention for fear of being turned in.

Suddenly, I discover that your government will legally issue me a drivers license. :blink

Interesting story...

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

OMG - for a sec , I thought you were in the UK, with a conscience ... :blink

My only hope of sanity was that you might not see the signs for M74 North (aka, the road to Alba) !!

:tongue

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Our government has no idea how many are here, there some illegals getting benefits with stolen National insurance numbers.

Its seems to me that being a smackhead (heroin addict), alcoholic or immigrant means you get more state benefits than a unemployed person looking for a job. t

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

we're an island which gives us a better chance than most of keeping illegal immigrants under control but the government has completely f*cked it up and subsequently the British population are emigrating for a better life.

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  5. David S

David S Bit Poster

Just heard the government have put up the estimate of illegal immigrants another 300,000. A total of 1.1 million is the governments best guess, which is only a guess because of the lack of control over immigration.
    David

WIP: A+