I'm gonna kill someone aghhhhh

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by skulkerboyo, Sep 23, 2009.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Need to vent
    One of the things we do here is produce educational software for a-level syllabus

We also support that software. Its very basic so usually it goes "Are you logged in as admin?" "no" "try that then" facepalm

we have faq's which cover all known errors and have even been nice enough to make the installers for CC3 networks.

In short its been made so simple a monkey could do it. If only more monkey were techies in schools

That aside our cust service dept is supposed to do the first line for this product. Ask them what the problem is. refer them to the FAQ's. If that fails pass them onto me.
    Why then have I had 3 jobs logged and all fixed with "have you read the faq's"

I'm about to wallop the cust service manager around the head with summat heavy

Maybe a G5
    vent over. Nothing to see here

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Job security, bro. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hey, hope you're not generalising us IT Pro's who work in the education sector :kar:lol:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

nah the service reps who passed the calls on surely? you wouldnt want to damage the equipment.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

We've got a g5 in the cupboard that looks like a volvo drove through it. The home worker who used to use it handed it back in that state and didn't say a word. We asked how it happened and they shrugged it off with a "Never really noticed it"
    Its made of aluminium and has a panel bent out at a 45 degree angle! Never noticed!

Hey some of my best friends are school techies. The ones that read FAQ's

Customer services can die though

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417