I'm building a new system, what should I build???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by albertc30, Nov 20, 2008.

1. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello everybody.
    I'm about to build my dream system, state of the art kind of thing.
    I want tons of ram as I use DVD Movie Factory for editing my Holiday footage.
    I want to play some games but I am not fanatic about them, only game I ever managed to finish was Half Life 2 and oh boy was that an experience, first ever game to finish, not that I don't like it but always something happens to the system and here we go and format it and ops ops I forgot to backup the saves from the games (far cry, wolfenstein, Doom3, MOH etc...)
    I have got the tower and PSU (Tower Thermaltake Soprano DX VE7000BWS, PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750W Cable Management W0116RU) so I should be quite alright when it comes down to power I'd say.

The most important thing, THE BUDGET!!!!! Just about £1000.00.

What can I get for the money at hands???

Intel Vs AMD??? I have always been a fan of Intel.

ATI Vs Nvidia??? I have always been a fan of NVidia.

Motherboards??? Have always been a fan of ASUS but have tried others in the past such pcchips lol ashrook, DFI, MSI (great they are) Gigabyte (Great as well).

Throw in your ideas and system specs..

Oh and by the way, I am not that little dad’s boy who spend dads credit card lol. Its hard sweated cash I have earned... and specially put aside for this project of mine.

Plans are to start a family next year and when that starts I believe I won't be able to spend that sort of money on a dream system as other things will take place and become more important.

Thanks allot for your time and please lets give some live to this thread.

Thanks to you all,
    Albert, C

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Have a look in my sig, I bought that for £950 minus the monitor. It kicks butt :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?