I'm an idiot and got myself into a thing careerjobsuk.com and now I want out

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Pascual, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Pascual

Pascual New Member

I was "offered" training with them for what I thought was a job offer but by the time I gave over my card details it was clearly not the case. Now this happened about 20 mins ago and I haven't logged into their site yet, signed a contract or agreed to any TOS. What's the best way to go about canceling this mess?

2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Cancel your card....done!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Pascual

Pascual New Member

Well I don't think I have to go that far. Since it's within 7 working days shouldn't I be fine with the cooling off period?

4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

You haven't signed or agreed anything.....so there isn't anything to cancel.....but you seem to be worried about them charging your card (despite you saying you haven't actually signed up to anything), in which case i'd cancel my card....or ask my bank if they can make sure not to process anything from them.

If you have agreed to something.....follow their cancellation steps.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. Pascual

Pascual New Member

Well I've given them my card details over the phone and said I'll do the training but like I said I haven't signed a contract or agreed to any TOS.

6. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Others here have been sucked in by this before. Might find this thread helpful.

This may be of help as well -- just saw it. These guys are busy it seems...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  7. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Make sure you have something in writing so send them an email telling them you no longer want to do the training. If you have signed something then write them a letter and send it by recorded delivery. Also ring them as well. Sorry to say this but next time think before you give your card details. You should never ever pay a fee for going for a job period and even more so if it turns out to be a training course. Alarm bells should of been ringing. Whatever you do make sure you do it quickly.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  8. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear about your situation.

2 things spring to mind, in future you may not be so hasty in clicking purchase, did you read all the T&Cs? have they sent any sort of confirmation? We have all done this at some point but learning the lesson is important! (Not wanting to sound like im having a go here, just advice from experience)

You can cancel within 7 days (under long distance selling act i believe), but I suggest you confirm with either the CAB or check something along the lines of The Consumer Forums - Page One to find out what your legal rights are to get your deposit back.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  9. damardsajg

damardsajg New Member

i recently signed up to careerjobuk for the MCTS they have only taken the £79 as agreed, and i seem to be getting the right course materials through on mindleaders, im not 100% sure on what everyones saying here, so im half n half at the moment, has anyone completed the course and found out its a scam, or has everyone here just cancled before even starting the course, since i havnt nothing through the post yet to confirm the course, i havnt signed my name to anything, so im not legally binded to anything, im half n half at the moment due to the reason, i been reading everything on certforums and havnt seen anyone say they completed the course, im half minded to the reason theyre all just disgruntled at not passing the course, the course material seems legit enough, and everything else does. im just looking for some real clarification to the course before i go cancelling anything.

if anyone could help me with this and give me a 100% minded reaction im willing to listen

thanks.

10. jake77

jake77 Bit Poster

I think others have already answered this, but what you need to do is first of all contact your credit card company ( a phone call would be best) and explain your situation to them and that you want no payments to be made to this company. The second contact carreerjobs and say you dont wish to make any payments and you wish to leave anything you've agreed to.

Certifications: 50m swimming certificate
    WIP: No cert, I'm an apprentice.