IIS not covered in Course book!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by BUGIE, May 5, 2006.

1. BUGIE

BUGIE New Member

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'd like to start off by saying hi to everyone as this is my first post.

I did my MCSA course about a year ago and have finally pulled my socks up and decided to sit for my exams (Starting off with the 70-290). The thing is after looking at some exam simulators i noticed that IIS seems to be a very hot topic yet this isn't mentioned in my Microsoft course books. Is IIS a new addition to the 70-290 exam (By new i mean less then a year old)? If so can you also tell me if there any other new additions which i should pay attention to? On the other hand if not can anyone tell me why the book doesn't cover such a hot topic?

Thanks,

Chris

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! :biggrin oh and welcome to MS exams.. :twisted:
    yip IIS is very heavy.. took the exam last week.. terminal services too! I suggest you go onto technet as you need to for MS exams as thats were i believe most of the questions are based from..

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. BUGIE

BUGIE New Member

yeah i got my hand on some detailed IIS and Terminal Services literature but was just wondering if there was any other material Microsoft were too lazy to include in their course that i should watch out for?

Did you manage to pass the exam?

4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You should check out the areas that will be tested for here. As you can see there are a few areas that are not covered by the MOC training syllabus. As I've heard it, this is to make you get out and do some research for yourself.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yeah i did 805! know your permissions... know the difference between domain local, universal and global groups and when to use them... between mixed, native and 2003 functional levels... terminal services back to front... IIS...

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. BUGIE

BUGIE New Member

k thanks guys.

Congratulations on the pass zimbo

Thanks,

Chris