If you didnt know you do now!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by dales, Sep 19, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Today (19/9/9) is international talk like a pirate day. So now you've read this and know you all must talk like a pirate for the rest of the day.

If you need some assistance with your vocab then this site may help you http://www.yarr.org.uk/talk/

Avast me hearties!!!! arrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. AArcher

AArcher Nibble Poster

i be speaking pirate all day arrrrrr

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA 2006 A+
  3. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Yarr! (from the pirates in World of Warcraft)

Yarrrr!

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+
    WIP: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I knew WoW would get a mention :p

Arrrrrrrrr!!!

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Well, I can only really say

YAAAARRR

and

copy me another DVD

:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hey fsimeta, where is your avatar from every time I see it I get weird flashbacks to my youth, its not from an old amstrad or speccy game is it, I keep thinking Feud but its not that I dont think.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  8. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

oi get back to work you! thought you said you'd be busy for ages!

9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Right time to move to another planet :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  10. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

I really don't know where it's from lol. I picked it up when I joined the forum, I think it was one of the selectable avatars at the time (must still be). But now you've mentioned it, I'll just have to find out :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+
    WIP: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thanks for that. No, really, thanks.:blink

Now I can die complete in the knowledge that I have seen all the silliness that mankind has to offer.

Do you realise that this is all our taxpayers money going towards propping up these commitees with their overpayed members sitting on their fat asses dreaming up rubbish like this?

It used to be that the whole international day of..... thing was used to draw attention to real life problems like hunger, poverty, immunisations etc and it actually meant something.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Avast Ya Scarvy Scum!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  13. postman

postman Byte Poster

Do I get to do all my bits from Captain Pugwash:D yarrrrrrr

Hoist the main sail seaman Staines:blink or Where's Roger the cabin boy:oops: and not forgetting Master Bates the ships entertainer:oops:

WIP: A+
  14. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

"I'll have the *Rum* Collins, please matey".
    :Metrosexual Pirate ordering at a bar: :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Walk the plank!!!

arrrrrrrrr

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Hmm...this is another one of those "Internet things" I just don't get.

17. BosonMichael

This isn't post like a pirate day... it's "Talk like a pirate day"... meaning, it's an "outside the Internet" thing that you don't get. :p

Not to mention, it was started outside the Internet. :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  18. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

That may be true, but each September 19, all you hear about online is "talk like a pirate" "talk like a pirate" "ARGGG, talk like a pirate." Not to invite the inevitable, but I've yet to hear anyone actually, you know, talking like a pirate on this day. I DO see tons of people posting about talking like a pirate though.

To each their own, I suppose. As for me, I'm going to talk like a pirate every day EXCEPT "talk like a pirate" day. :)

19. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I misheard the news this morning and thought they said 'talk like a pervert day' and as a consequence may have got myself into serious trouble...

:oops:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  20. BosonMichael

I just talked like a pirate in Thomas's office. I'll stop by your office on the way to get coffeeeeeeaarrrrrrrr...

I darrrrrre ye, matey! :D