Ideal chance for entry level job for anyon in wakefielld area.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Colloghi, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Well seeing that quite a few people are struggling to get into IT sector like myself before i started, this job may be what your looking for if your in the surrounding area of wakefield in yorkshire:

http://www.fish4.co.uk/iad/jobs/advert?adId=18048636&sid=s5FE1BA660632594&pos=2&src=search&tot=5

I actually work in the same place, and as i know they are still recruiting, decided to have a gander around on fish4jobs (which is where is how i found out about my job)and low and behold i found the position above advertised.

The work is basically a standard entry level helpdesk job, mainly logging IT calls and trying your best to resolve anything that is possible, which unfortunately isnt the case a lot of the time, as the packages we deal with are mainly resolved by third party companies.

Its not gonna make you use every it skill knowledge you may have, but being there nearly 8 weeks now, and being my first level entry job, i actually think its a decent entry level job.

The team there is excellent, and the team size to me, is just right, you dont feel as if your lost amongst the desk, but actually part of a team and whilst you do sometimes feel a bit of pressure the managers tend to be sound, pull your weight, and you wont have to much bother.

If anyone wants a bit more info on this, then just ask and ill try my best to answer:) Like i said if your looking for any way into the IT sector, then this is a good way to get in with little IT experience.

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If I was still living in leeds or could afford to move back down then I would apply, but I cant.

Seems like a decent entry level job, thanks for posting.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. shaggy

shaggy Byte Poster

you sure they arent planning on giving you the sack?

just kidding:p

Certifications: BND ICT Systems Support and Networking
    WIP: A+
  4. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Only a stab in the dark..... its not Fujitsu is it :tune :D

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  5. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

There are no prizes for getting the name of the company right, you know:p

Just an quick update on htis, it seems the job being advertised is for "out of hours" work, weekends etc

which explains why its a poun more than im earning:blink

6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Which means only Wizard can apply because he hasn't got a partner that nags at you for being late :p:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Thought id bump this, as there is a night position at the same place defintley availiable, after one of the night workers stormed out last night and erm hasnt come back:blink

Hence why im here til midnight:eek:

Fun and games eh?:)