Iam a Sun Certified Programmer,Which MCSE Exam suits me

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by ramya sri, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ramya sri

ramya sri New Member

Iam a Sun Certified Java Programmer,this time i wanted to go for Microsoft Certification so that my resume can be special.

Can I go for Microsoft Certification,if so,which one Version of MCSE,I completely didn't had any knowledge about Microsoft Certifications.Please Guide me

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

None apply to Sun, so you can go for whichever MCSE version you want. There are currently two MCSE tracks: Windows 2000 and Windows 2003.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. ramya sri

ramya sri New Member

can I able to do Windows Server 2003 with self Study..

Is there any prerequisites for this and whats the Exam number for it.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You can certainly do self-study for the Windows Server 2003 exams, and there are no prerequisites for it... but you should probably start with the workstation exams first, like 70-270, 70-271 and 70-292. That's not a requirement... just a recommendation.

If you don't have the A+ and/or Network+, I'd encourage you to do those as well.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Judging by your very brief intro, it sounds like your a programmer/software engineer. If that's what you are/what you want to go into, then I suggest that you do not do the MCDST/MCSA/MCSE, but rather do either one (or more) of the following (developers track rather than the support track):

MCAD
    MCSD
    MCPD
    Or any one of the .Net MCTS

However if you want to go into the support side rather than stay in the programming/software engineering side then go for the MCSE, MCSA, MCDST.

Hope this helps

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Crito

Crito Banned

C# would probably be the easiest MS language for you to transition into. Well, J++ in VS 6.0 might have been better but it's obsolete now, so...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Mate, do you realise that the MCSE is *seven* exams, covering a multitude of different topics and technologies and some of them are as tough as old boots?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

True, true... That's why MS states:

An MCSE candidate should have at least one year of experience implementing and administering a network operating system in environments with the following characteristics:

• 200 to 26,000 supported users

• Five to 150 physical locations

• Typical network services and applications including file and print, database, messaging, proxy server or firewall, dial-in server, desktop management, and Web hosting

• Connectivity needs including connecting individual offices and users at remote locations to the corporate network and connecting corporate networks to the Internet

In addition, an MCSE candidate should have at least one year of experience in the following areas:

• Implementing and administering a desktop operating system

• Designing a network infrastructure

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/mcse.mspx

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security