I want to get an iPad without breaking the bank..advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi guys

It has come to my attention Apple products seem to be of better quality, I have wasted considerable amount of money purchasing lenovos and asus tablets only for them to act up very quickly. I have had poor experiences from android devices in general and have pretty much switched my life over to the Apple side bar a tablet.

Now I am well aware Apple products cost a fortune, and where I haven't skimped out before but I intend to do so on their tablet range. I see I can get an iPad mini 2 with retina display for £200ish.. is this worth it? is it still a valid tablet or is it now too old? I'm looking for something basic with little compatibility issues in terms of software for the lowest price, and would appreciate some input/recommendations. I mainly intend to use it as an e-book reader, document syncing with OneDrive/Dropbox, online browsing and video watching. May also purchase a keyboard with it incase I do any document typing.

thanks

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So I swear by my iPad Mini's, have had the 1st, 2nd and 4th Gen devices, I use it pretty much every day and when I sold both my 1st and 2nd Gen devices got a decent amount of money for them on eBay.

With the 4th Gen device I went down the route of PayPal credit via the Apple Store website and have paid it off every month.

As a side note, I also purchased an NVidia Shield Tablet that's been really excellent, as good looking as the iPad and able to use additional storage, it's worth considering (I got one of the original NVidia tablets with the repaired battery and 4G connectivity).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thanks Simon, do you think its to late in the day to get an ipad mini 2? In terms of compatibilty?

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

No mate, it's still current stock (unlike the iPad Mini 3 which has been discontinued), I would however probably wait and see what happens next month bearing in mind that Apple usually announce both iPhone and iPad Mini updates around the same time. Up to you of course but you may find older stock get's cheaper etc.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Juelz likes this.
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thanks, wasnt aware there was going to be an update, I will wait.