I seem to have lost something...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Jul 17, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...about 20 pounds over the last month. 8) I've gone from 210 lbs to 190 lbs, aiming to end up between 175 and 185.

Part of it is due to the Taekwondo training... but that's only twice a week. Most of it is due to the low-carb diet I started three weeks ago. Not strictly "Atkins"... I'm just limiting my carbs as much as possible. Since I love meat, and I'm not really a "sweets" kind of guy, it's not been terribly difficult to stay on plan. I do miss french fries and potato chips... but after I drop a few more pounds, I'll start eating them again - responsibly, not recklessly.

When I started the low-carb plan, I wasn't convinced it would work... but I've been pleasantly surprised by how easy and quick it has been. I think I'm going to celebrate my weight-loss milestone by taking my kids to the movies tomorrow and burying my head in a bucket of buttered popcorn. :popcorn

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Congrats ! Try salted popcorn, far nicer ! :popcorn

Never understood why americans eat so much red meat...

You know its still bad for you even if it doesn't make you fat right ?

3. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats Michael!

And yes salted popcorn is sooo much better :D

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Ha ha this made me laugh D, I think we gve the yanks a run for their money as meat eaters :S

Well done Mike, gonna get back the gym and change my diet myself on monday. I've ate like a monster all week, on the ale last night and tonight. Never felt so unhealthy :cry: Oh and I still havent started a martial art! I have my mid year review on Thursday and that went great so at least I've got one thing in order 8)

Keep up the good work, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Pffft, whats all this heathy eating lark all about? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

salted...:eek:

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  7. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the weight loss! I had lost about 25 pounds just by changing my diet a little bit and I was coaching soccer 2 nights a week, playing one night a week, and going to the gym the other nights. Unfortunately my diet and exercise have taken a hit with doing the self study and now being back in school. Only playing soccer one night a week and eating way too much fast food and now I've gained almost the entire 25 pounds back!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  8. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy New Member

Congrats on your weightloss, i took have tried atkins-type diets (low carb) in the past but didnt get as much out of it as i would have liked. Trying to get back into the swing of going to the gym again, i thought my limbs were gonna fall off lol.

Certifications: N/a
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  9. BosonMichael

There's nothing like movie theater buttered popcorn. :) Home popcorn, I don't bother buttering... it's just not the same.

Yep. One thing at a time. 8)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  11. BosonMichael

...and so I ate it. Nomnomnomnom... :popcorn

12. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

From the title of the post I would have bet the answer was "my marbles" but it seems like its pounds instead.

Congrats on the recent loss. :twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685