i need to rent my CCNA

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by akram801, Jan 16, 2011.

1. akram801

akram801 New Member

how i can rent my CCNA ??

Certifications: CCNA , MCITP 70-680 ,MCITP 70-642
    WIP: 70-640
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

You what? :blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

HA! I'm REALLY interested in hearing what this is about.

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Have you tried Certz?

You can rent them by the day, or I think you get a discount if you keep them for a week.

5. ethernet0

ethernet0 Byte Poster

lol! That made me laugh :D

6. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

kobem?

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Do you mean rent the equipment to gain your CCNA or do you mean hire a CCNA for a job?

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

or option 3 - to hire out your CCNA to other companies so they can claim they have CCNA certified staff - I seem to recall someone else asking about this a while back.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, they're likely asking about this.

If Cisco discovers that you are not an employee, they could go as far as revoking your certification and banning you from any further certifications. After all, renting your certification is a violation of your Cisco Certification Agreement. Pay particular attention to Section 4.1, which says:

...and that's exactly what you'd be doing if you allow a company who is not your employer to use your credentials to acquire customers or to fulfill Cisco Partner requirements.

All that said... the CCNA isn't going to help a company much with regards to Partner status; it is generally CCIEs that they seek. So you wouldn't get much for a CCNA, anyway.

The point of certification is NOT to rent your certifications to a company... it's to show an employer what you are capable of doing. If that's not why you got your certifications... you ought not have them in the first place.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. akram801

akram801 New Member

11. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

It apparently used to be common practice for CCIE's to rent their CCIE to several companies at the same time, The companies would then get a discount on the purchase of Cisco kit for having a partner status, But I believe Cisco have done something to stop this happening but can't remember fully what the CCIE guy said about it lol
    But apparently he used to make allot of money.

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

zing!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  14. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

15. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

16. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

don't really see this as a big deal to be honest (ducks for cover). Am I missing something in that it's just for a company to get a discount for have a certified person linked to their company?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  17. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Cisco Partners are supposed to have certified people on staff in order to get partner benefits. "Renting" certifications from people that don't actually work there violates one of the guidelines of the partner status.

18. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, it's dated September 27, 2007. Cisco's cracked down quite a bit and modified their Certification Agreement (posted earlier) since then.

Akram sent me a PM to which I will respond publicly:

Renting your certification is a violation of the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement you signed when you took the exam to rent your certification to a company that you do not work for. Thus, it is illegal according to Cisco. Renting your certification can get you decertified for life. That means you will no longer be certified and will no longer be able to get future certifications if you are caught renting your certification.

So why do those online companies offer certification rental? Because they are taking advantage of ignorant companies (who risk losing their partner status) and certified individuals (who risk losing their certifications) who do not know that what they are doing is a violation of their agreements.

I hope that this explanation makes things clear for you. Renting your certifications is a very bad idea.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  19. akram801

akram801 New Member

thanks alot BosonMichael

20. lolita

lolita New Member

Hey guys I hope you're fine. I have a friend who has his own company legally constituted offering consulting services and associated Cisco certifications he holds. The company has only one employee, himself. A customer is asking rent certificates and asked me what happens in the event that different companies be engaging in a business relationship, renting certifications incur the penalties that indicates the license agreement? Because in a way, that customer would be getting involved with commercially.