i need heelllpp!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Oct 31, 2007.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

hey i have been mastering for 2 years and this year i have a thesis to do!

and my research and invention topic is IPv6

my teacher told me that first of all i will try for a research about IPV6 and differences similarities
    between IPv4 and IPV6 and as an innovation what i can develop and produce.

for example he told me to get started about security issues on IPv4

as beginning

can you help me about finding "tennenbaum and stallings" documents?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

look on google there is lots of info on there. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

A Tannenbaum is a German Christmas tree... :blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yes sir, you are correct!

Why certainly! Here: http://www.google.com/

You might ask, "How does this thing work?" I'm glad you asked! Well, you type in the things you are looking for, and it will return the Web pages on the Internet that include those things. So if you're looking for documents from Tennenbaum and Stallings related to IPv4 and IPv6, then you should search for one or more of those things.

Hope this helps! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some popcorn to consume: :popcorn

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

OMG ! You're doing an MSc ? :blink

6. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

you eat popcorn since the day i knew you!

if i can not get anything , please help me!

7. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Aren't you supposed to do your own Msc, that includes research !

8. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

MSc ? what is this stuff?

graduate-after education hell yeah.

9. BosonMichael

If you cannot get anything on those terms using Google, you really shouldn't be pursuing a Masters degree. A Masters degree is supposed to indicate that you are capable of researching topics on your own, as well as being able to logically think through situations and problems... neither of which have you displayed during your time on the forums.

I am sorry, Kobem... I really don't think IT is right for you. We have repeatedly and continuously attempted to help you develop into a tech... but nothing changes.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i know you say "you will do it" but maybe if i miss some things or can not find
    anything you will give me a link or whatever else...

11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

That cracked me up as I thought of it but didn't do it.

MSc is normally what a Masters is abbreviated (shortened) too.

Kobem I am not being funny but took me 3 seconds to find what you need on google, have you not learned to do research? instead of just asking questions, as that is what you normally do when studying for a degree and especially a Masters.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Tennenbaum and Stallings are two separate authors, both of whom have written multi-volume books about the Internet Protocols.

These days I prefer the Stallings books, but I have the others as well.

If you master those books you will be *expert* on the subject.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  13. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

of course mate , i am getting started!

14. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

you mean my intelligence is inadequate for this thesis ? perhaps true !

15. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

16. BosonMichael

I never said your intelligence is inadequate... you may be incredibly intelligent. But what may be inadequate is your ability (or willingness) to follow simple instructions and advice, your ability (or willingness) to look up things on your own, and your ability (or willingness) to logically reason through information.

I don't say any of this to put you down; I say this so you can realize where you are having problems, considering the advice we continuously provide to you. Fix those issues, and you may well turn out to be a fine tech.

17. BosonMichael

18. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

thats a basic but great example mate!

19. BosonMichael

Bill is very kindhearted and means well, but unfortunately, by just handing you links, he has just "given you a fish". Until you learn to Google on your own, you will continue to ask us for fish.

20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Kobem, I earned an MS degree in 1985, though not in technology. This was before the Internet or at least the Internet as we understand it today. *All* of my research was done in the library on my university campus. If a reference wasn't present in the library, I asked if there was a way to borrow it from where ever it happened to be archived. It was a lengthy, painstaking process. I had done research before and have done plenty since that time.

These days, we tend to take the Internet in general and Google in particular for granted, but ultimately, you cannot go through your educational or professional career simply telling people to give you "links". We like to help people when we can, but you seem to be using this forum as your primary research tool and the forum members as your research assistants.

People here have tried and tried again (myself included) to encourage you to learn to do the work yourself and to only ask here if you really, really can't find it yourself. It seems obvious this hasn't worked out since other members here can use Google to find in three seconds what you say you can't find yourself. I don't know what the problem is, but if you actually expect to earn that Masters degree, I suggest you put some effort into it.

Certifications: A+ and Network+