I LOVE IT!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Nov 28, 2006.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

So today I had my first appraisal. Few issues were raised. Main one being getting over-familiar with the females over the phone :twisted: But I have promised my Line Manager that sort of behaviour wont happen again, even tho the women normally start it off!!

However, the best news I got was when he asked me what my objectives were. I pointed out A+ and N+ and he said the compnay will pay for the books and the exams. I thought to myself, did I hear that right? The company will pay for me to get my certs? :blink Wow, yes please. Now since I already own an A+ book, he said they will pay for that if I can find the receipt...and thats my first problem. Hehe. Since I have had the book for 2yrs or more.

So looking at the time-frame, I said I want to do the A+ exams by end of Feb and the N+ by end of June next year. Then we can go from there as to what to do next.

But this one of the many reasons I am so glad to be in the IT sector. They realise your potential and want to help you progress to your goal. :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Nice one Noel! :thumbleft

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good stuff Noel. it sounds like you have landed on your feet mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Why thank you Bluerinse...I couldnt be happier...once I get those exams passed then I know I am onto a winner...:biggrin

5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Excellent mate, must be nice getting them paid for you. Where do you work, if ya dont mind me asking?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I work near the MetroCentre...the company is called ITPS...

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That's the thing isn't it?
    They may pretend that their printer is broke, but we all know what women who call IT Support really want, don't we?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Indeed...and yet I have been getting into trouble for that...but I have I wont do it again...cos I dont want to lose this job because women were getting flirty and I say the wrong thing which then lets them complain to my Line Manager who will then post my P45...:eek: